Monday, January 19, 2009

Scrappin Kids Weekend Challenges

I participated in Scrappin Kids' challenges last weekend. I remembered enjoying myself during the last weekend challenge sometime last September and was so excited to do it all over again.

There were 5 challenges all in all that were posted on Saturday evening and were due at 5pm the next day. I was able to finish four of the challenges. I liked my layouts although after posting them, I felt I could have added a few more embellishments. I probably was feeling the pressure of finishing them right away. :-) But nevertheless, I'm just happy I was able to scrap photos that have been sitting on my desk for weeks and even months. Anyway, here are my layouts and a card:

Vet yesterday Writer today ? tomorrow
Title: Vet yesterday, Writer today, ? tomorrow

Materials: Basic Grey patterned papers, sticker alpha and sticker elements, Heidi Swapp flower, Prima say it with crystals, Staedler pen, Carl corner rounder puncher

Journaling: Last year, you were sure you wanted to be a veterinarian. This year, you claim you want to be a writer. I wonder what you'd want to be next year. But whatever it is, know that Daddy and I will always support you. Be happy always!


Swimmer
Title: Swimmer

Materials: MM patterned paper and journaling paper, Staedler pen, buttons, AAS foam sticker alphas, Autumn Leaves chipboard flourishes, others: buttons

Journaling: You and Nadine started swimming lessons this school year and have been training now for 6 months. You ahve always loved the water and I love watching you learn and enjoy it more. We love you very much!


Lechon Baby
Title: Lechon Baby

Materials: Tinkering Ink, American Crafts and Prima Patterned Papers, American Crafts Alpha Thickers, Staedler pen, Prima Flowers, MM brads, MM Journaling paper, handmade pig embellishment

Journaling: We love lechon (roasted pig)! Any special occasion would mean we'll be having lechon and you are starting to realize that. During Abu's birthday, you wouldn't stop asking for pieces of the suckling pig. Finally Mama Flory gave you the whole leg to bite on. You sat contented, nibbling away. Welcome to the family, Alyssa! Oct 2008


Whoo Loves U?
Title: Whoo loves u?

Materials: Daisy Bucket Designs paper tree, Sassa fras lass paper owl, Fruit Smoothie alpha sizzlits, foam

0 comments: