Sunday, October 5, 2008

Big Swimmin' Deal

Last July my older girls, Nadine and Raya, begged to begin swimming classes. Being a swimmer myself, I couldn't say no to that! I was thrilled that they themselves asked for it. Especially Nadine who used to be afraid to put her head in the water. Now, Nadine has been swimming awesomely! She actually knows the freestyle already! Here's my layout for her big achievement. I am just so proud of her.


Title: big Swimmin' deal

Journaling: I can't believe it! Last year, you were so afraid to put your head in the water. And now you're doing freestyle?! Wow! It's a big swimmin' deal. And I am so proud of you! I love you!

Materials: DCWV cardstock and patterned paper, Making Memories Stamps and Acrylic Paint, MME journaling paper, Staedler pen, Others: buttons, ricrac, staples, rub ons

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mia, Janine from NZ here. I got your blog link from Inside Out. Loved having a look at your layouts and blog. I just loved my copy of page maps when it arrived earlier this year and it had paid for itself a number of times over. Looking forward to getting to know you on Inside Out.

Maybelle said...

I adore multi-picture layouts & this layout is great!

Anonymous said...

i love how this LO looks so fresh and clean! :) thanks for joining us over at Pink Sketches. we love seeing your work!

-sarah

Mia Castrillo said...

Thanks so much Janine, Maybelle and Sarah! Your compliments want me to go and scrap some more right now. :-)

Wati Basri said...

great take on tbe SK challenge :)

Liza said...

Loving this LO Mia!!

Mia Castrillo said...

Thanks Wati and Liza! :-)