Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mine

Second-of-four Kaya Challenges for the month of November is to make use of Negative Space. According to Wikipedia, Negative Space, in art, is the space around and between the subject(s) of an image. The challenge is to create a page focusing on negative space.

For my layout, I chose three photos of each of my girls which I also used for a shadowbox I made for my father-in-law for his birthday. I'm glad to be able to scrap them again, this time for myself.

I love these pictures of my girls. I think their characters are very evident in them. I also love the outcome of my layout. I think it gave emphasis on the photos.


Title: Mine

Journaling: Nothing makes me prouder than to call you... mine.

Materials: American Crafts cardstock, DCWV patterned paper, SEI patterned papers and epoxy stickers, Maya Road chipboard, Scenic Route cardstock journaling stickers, Fiskars border puncher, Sizzlits Round-A-Bout on foam, Staedler pen


0 comments: