Friday, November 14, 2008

Almost 5

I did this layout for Raya to remind us of the stuff she likes and enjoys doing right before she turned five years old.

Incidentally, the challenge over at Mothers and Daughters Creations was to use homemade buttons. I kept on racking my brains as to how to create the buttons and decided on punching a letter "o" using my Fruit Smoothie Sizzlits (and not removing the middle part) then boring two holes in it with my eyelet setter. I thought my buttons looked cute, don't you think? :-) I used the Basic Grey Sugared Collection for this layout. Do drop by the MDC Challenge Blog to check what the others came up with.

Title: Almost 5

Materials: BG Sugared collection, Prima flowers, AMM brads, AAS foam letter stickers, 7 gypsies journaling card, foam, Sizzlits Fruit Smoothie letter "o", Others: chipboard number 5

Journaling:
Happiness Card 1. elephants, 2. littlest pet shoppe 3. peanut butter sandwiches, 4. hotdogs and eggs 5. anything Barbie 6. arts and crafts 7. swimming 8. the color PINK 9. Nadine and Alyssa 10. reading books


Two years ago when Nadine was the same age, I created a similar layout for her. It's amusing how my style has evolved over the years. But I think I'm still a simple scrapper. I just have newer and better scrapbook materials. LOL! Thanks for looking!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Your layouts are really nice! Great job :)