Friday, November 21, 2008

Just Be Yourself

The 3rd Kaya Challenge for the month of November is to use distressing techniques on your layout. I thought this challenge is perfect for a personal layout for my 2nd daughter, Raya. At five years old, her strong character and personality are more evident now. I have seen how this is manifested in her relationship with her sisters. I have always worried about her having the middle child syndrome but so far I see that she is able to assert herself in some way while still valuing her sisters. She is such a great person! This is my tribute for her.

I used the Studio Azul October kit for this layout. I love the SA kits! (Hi Tin!) I feel so deprived here in Cagayan de Oro of new scrapbook items so subscribing to their kits have made me a little more up to date with new products and materials. :-)

By the way, I took the photo using my Nikon D60 camera and an 18-55mm lens. :-)



Title:
Just Be Yourself

Materials: American Crafts and Prima papers, American Crafts alphabet thickers, Prima Essential 4 flowers, Chinese button, Scenic Route Butterfly Chipboard, All About Scrapbooking brads, Letter Rub Ons, Whispers Archival Ink, Staedler Pen

Journaling: I realize now that it isn't easy being the middle of three sisters. I watch you as you patiently deal with Nadine's wants and Alyssa's demands and I admire you for being so understanding. But you are not a pushover! You assert yourself, at times, with dignity and strength when you feel you need to. You are a beautiful person, Raya! And I love you very much! Always remember that! Raya - age 5

0 comments: