Thursday, July 30, 2009

Best Buds

Dinah is hosting a challenge over at Creative Scrappers called the "Take Two" challenge. Her challenge is to create a layout (12x12 or 8-1/2x11) using 2 pieces of each material - 2 cs, 2 pps, 2 buttons, 2 flowers, 2 chipboard, you name it! There is no limit to the number of materials one may use as long as it's 2 of each. And everything else like the photos, words in a title, theme, color, etc is all up to you!

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to work on her challenge due by the end of the month (which is tomorrow) but I needed some "me" time and I thought scrapping would best relax me. :D I'm glad I took her challenge because I had fun creating this layout!

I used :
2 CS: Navy Blue and Yellow
2 PP: Sassafrass Lass and Rusty Pickle
2 Chipboards
2 Rub ons: Daisy D's and Me and My Big Ideas
2 Flowers
2 Buttons
2 Brads
2 Words in the title
2 Fonts
2 Color pens
2 Stickers
2 Punchers: Marvy Uchida and Fiskars
Additional: 2 girls in the picture, 2 years apart :D Teeheehee!


Best Buds
Title: Best Buds

Journaling: Nadine once told me that she wishes we'd have another baby soon so that Alyssa would have someone close to her age the same way she and Raya are. This is so sweet! I'm so happy that Nadine is appreciative of having a sister like Raya. They may fight and get into disagreements but they will always be close sisters.

Nadine and Raya
picture - Jan 2008
journaling July 2009

1 comments:

LG said...

Such a colorful layout Mia. Love your take to the challenge.