Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Climb

Climb
Title: Climb

Journaling: I watched with pride as you climbed the 2nd time. Before that, you froze midway up, panicked and cried to be brought down. I thought that would discourage you to climb again. But no. Again, you climbed. I love your perseverance! I love your passion! I love your spunk! I love you, Raya! July 31, 2010

I just love how this layout turned out! Raya has always been my bold and independent adventurer. So I wasn't surprised when she gamely wanted to wall climb one Saturday afternoon. As she put on her harness and started climbing she got cold feet halfway to the top and started crying uncontrollably. We brought her down and soothed but after a few minutes, I asked her if she wanted to climb again, and she surprisingly said yes. My heart swelled with pride that she didn't easily give up. She went on to climb 3 more times, not really going very high up but at least she would try and not give up. :-) I am just so proud of her!

I used the 7.21 Sketch of Sketchy Thursday for this layout. Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Sue said...

love this LO and the journalling

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Good for HER!! That is AWESOME that she didn't give up! I loveeeeeee that you documented this! Thanks sooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Tomomi said...

So beautiful layout!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays:)

Hannah said...

Great LO, I love those colours and all of the elements. Great use of the sketch :)

Unknown said...

Very nice, Mia. I love the color combo. Thanks for the inspiration. I have been lagging lately.

Tessa Buys said...

What an awesome story to record and what a fabulous page! Thanks for playing at Sketchy Thursdays!

Anne Pennington said...

Congratulations on being a fave with this girlfriend!! It's a beauty!!