Friday, July 4, 2008

Affirmed

I pride myself in being a simple scrapper. With three kids in tow all the time (and one still a baby!) I barely have enough time for myself, much less to scrap! I scrap because I want to remember how things are. I want to look back and see how I felt at that particular time. I guess that's why my layouts are usually heavy with journaling. I've joined contests and challenges but I've never really won any of them. I think because sometimes my layouts can be very simple. Does it bother me? No. I join for the heck of it; because it forces me to scrap; it allows me to be creative on my own. If I win, then great. It's the icing on the cake. I'm just happy that I was able to create something and leave a part of me in the process.

So when I stumbled into this comment and this comment (scroll down to see it) in the Simple Scrapbooks Gallery on my layouts, it really made my day. And they are from people I do not know at all. :-) How nice it is to have one's work recognized!

0 comments: